Hi Buzzers!! Summer is here so do you plan a trip to the beautiful tranquil country with its amazing beaches? Yes!! It’s Thailand! Here is some travel tips on what you should do and not do in Thailand!
What You Should Not Do
Many traveler sometimes hard to adapt to the culture and it will increase a misunderstanding or make you feel ” Gosh! My holiday is ruined!!” Well, as a traveler we are the one who should understand our destination country more, so here is some tips that will bridge the misunderstanding between you and the local…
1. Don’t stop a taxi or people by pointing all your fingers up! Thai people consider it rude so it’s better to lower your hands and put all your finger facing down.
2. Don’t lose your temper. Thai people can’t say “No” especially to their customers. It’s part of manners so when you ask the waitress “do you have a black pepper sauce” and they tell you “Yes, but a soy sauce”. It doesn’t mean that they’re incompetent. They just be nice so as a traveler we should understand that actually they don’t have it.
3. Even though it’s hot don’t take off your shirt or dress like a rascal especially in a place like temples, palace, and other sacred places. Again it’s part of manners except if you are in the beach or hotel that allow you to do that.
4. Don’t eat with your Fork! It considered rude! The best is you should put the food in your fork on your spoon then eat it from your spoon.
5. Don’t shake hands
Thai people don’t shake hands with strangers, they practice “wai”. So place open palm on your chest and bow slightly.
What You Should Do in Thailand
After we mastered the manners now it’s the fun part!! What you should do in Thailand!!
1. Taste Thai Mango and Durian! These tropical food taste best in Thailand, you should try it! You can go to Chatanburi market for best quality and price of Durians!
2. Watch a Cultural show such as cabaret extravaganza in Pattaya, Thailand.
3. If you are a botanical lovers and fascinated by gardens by the bay in Singapore, why not visit Nong Nooch Tropical Garden. The lush emerald green, and various colorful vegetation laid on the 500 acre of land.
4. Want to see temple in different style? Then sanctuary of truth, Wat rong Sear Tan (blue temple), wat ring khun (white temple), and Wat Phu Prao (illuminated temple) are a Must!!
5. If you have children then visit world’s first Totoro restaurant in Bangkok could be your option, the co-founder of Studio Ghibli decided to open a restaurant in Thailand after his visit. If you are a single traveler well Thailand’s beaches like Kho Phi Phi or also known as James Bond’s island is a perfect getaway.